Monday, July 13, 2009

Quick and Slow

It's been an exciting two weeks. Let me try to quickly update you with my limited internet time.

Our stop after Florence was Rome. Rome was amazing! All the sights we got to see were amazing. Surreal amazing. ---Trevie Fountain, the Patheon, the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, the Colosseum, and the Bourghese Museum (plus more littler sights). We were there for 3 nights and were go, go, go the whole time to fit everything in, even though we didn't even get close. Sweat, sweat, Sweat. I sweated 32 buckets of straight liquid, felt like I was going to pass out 3 times, walked 45 miles in 3 days and throughly enjoyed it.

Next stop ---> Cinque Terre. Talk about a change of pace. Cinque Terre is a collection of 5 small villages on the coast of the Meditteranean Sea. The first village is Riomagorrie, which we are staying at. I can't describe to you how beautiful this place is. Each village is built into cliffs along the coast and are surrounded by amazing scenery - vineyards, waves smacking against the cliffs, genuine Italian culture, mountains, and the endless sea. The villages are connected by Railway and walking paths, which make it easy to visit all five. The views are amazing from the walking paths and have caused us to make our four night visit into a 6 night visit. (look it up on google)

We are staying in this little apartment that sleeps 4 with a kitchen, bathroom (hot water), and dining room. We are only about a 1 mintue walk from the Sea and are surrounded by little cafe's, bakery's, food markets lined with fresh fruit and vegetables, and gelato!

Becky and I took out a Kayak for an hour this morning to soak in where we were. It was amazing.

I will post pictures as soon as I can. It's hard with limited internet access. Jesus is good and is defintely humbly good to us this trip. He has shown himself in more ways then one. Our next stop is Venice this upcoming Thursday, pray for our travels. I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. good to know all is well. the villages and hillside sound astounding. Please, while in Italy, have a glass of wine for me (of course)
    be safe, love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron,
    Looks like Italia is treating you well. I never made it to Lucca, but it sounds fantastic. And as you found out, Rome is a bit overwhelming - heck, I lived there for four months and STILL didn't see everything. But I had a gut feeling that Cinque Terre would be your favorite, and I think I'm right. And FYI: I have yet to be able to take Joye to a place quite as romantic... so use your setting well. :) Lastly, the picture of the Jesus camp are my favorite - so many kids! I'm glad you are able to slip in some vaca along with ministry before heading off to Africa. Enjoy buddy!

    ReplyDelete